Everything you need to know about Chewies
If you’re reading this blog, then you have successfully started your Invisible Braces in KSA treatment and are on your way to getting straight teeth. With your Invisible Braces you receive other things too, this includes the casing, a removal tool, cheek retractor and chewies.
Chewies play an integral role in making sure that your Invisible Braces are correctly positioned with consistency, uniformity and to provide comfort. Chewies are a gentle chewing tool that has the softness and consistency of a small sponge roll. It is made from a plastic-like material called Styrene Copolymer that helps in fixing your Invisible braces to your teeth with precision by removing any air space in between your teeth and the aligners.
Dental experts recommend using these chewies every time you wear your aligners back after a meal and whenever you switch to a new set of Invisible Braces.
How to Use Your Chewies
It is essential that your braces are fully seated and fixed onto the tooth to move the teeth effectively into the desired position. Using your chewies will become your favorite part of wearing invisible braces as they’re super easy to use and fun. All you have to do is position them between your teeth and bite down. You can either place them in your mouth from either side and use your teeth to bite it up and down from one end of your mouth into another till you have covered all your teeth.
Here’s what you need to keep in mind to make the most of your chewies:
- As your clear aligners are to be changed on a weekly base, chomp on those chewies whenever you wear a new set for the first 3 days
- Use your chewie at least twice a day till you’re comfortable, they are small enough to fit in your pocket, so you can take them anywhere
- Your chewie should be used for a minimum of 20 seconds each time
- Chewies are reusable, you can wash them with mild soap or mouthwash and re-use whenever you want till they lose their elasticity
- Remember to wash your chewies after a biting session to maintain hygiene
- Use your chewies 5 minutes before bed to help your aligners stay tightly fixed and well positioned against your teeth while you sleep